How To Use Apple Headphones On Xbox One To TalkAugust 13, 2019
How Does Soundbars WorkAugust 13, 2019
Red Diamond Audio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, We may earn an affiliate commision. Read AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE.
Steps on cleaning leather headphones
Headphone gives you the highest quality personalised sound experience with freedom of mobility. Since you wear it on the head, it is your fashion statement as well. So, you need to handle it with care to make it a perfect fit for your personality. Understanding the shift in trend, manufacturers have introduced several variants to match your taste and personality. Among all, the leather finish headphones are the most favourite. You get the smooth sturdy natural look but like any natural thing, it needs special care. You have to learn how to clean leather headphones. Don’t panic it is as simple as taking care of your skin.
You invest a relatively high amount to get the leather finish headphones. If you follow these simple steps of leather cleaning you will definitely increase the life of your lovely headphones. Let’s see how to clean leather headphones using traditional tips;
- First of all, try to remove the dust particle especially from stitch lines using any soft brush. Since your headphones have an inbuilt diaphragm, it is advisable not to use any heavy vacuum cleaning types of equipment.
- A simplest possible way to clean the leather headphone is to make a solution of warm water and any liquid soap and wipe the surface using the solution with a soft cloth. Repeat it 2-3 time to get a better look. Let it dry and then you can move to the next step.
- If your headphone leather has some kind of stain on it, then use nail polish remover or alcohol to remove the stain. Avoid rubbing as it might spread the stain and impact the natural colour of the leather. It will take just a few seconds to dry.
- If you want to remove oil or greasy stains, then use baking soda or cornstarch. Apply the solution and run it smoothly using a wet cloth. You have to leave it for the few hours as soda takes time to absorb the oily substance. Just wipe out the powdery layer and you get the smooth non-oily leather back.
- If your headphone is of a lighter colour, then mix lemon juice and cream of tartar in equal amount and apply the paste on the stained area. Wait for 30 minutes and remove the paste using a wet cloth.
- Once you are done with the cleaning part, apply some commercial leather conditioner to save it from cracking. You can make conditioner at your home also using one part of vinegar and 2 part of linseed or olive oil. Use is simple, apply it across and wait for 15 minutes and then wipe it using soft tissue paper.
Hope these simple tips will help you get answers for your how to clean leather headphones worries. Your leather headphone is as delicate as your skin, so give it some of your time and don’t ever apply ammonia-based or bleach-based cleaners, as will take away the natural shine of the leather. For longer life and natural look keep it away from water and excessive moisture. Now your headphone leather has regained the original touch defying the natural aging problem.